Erasmus Student Network Latvia (Erasmus Studentu Tīkls Latvija) is part of the biggest student association in Europe called Erasmus Student Network (ESN AISBL) which is present in more than 500 Higher Education Institutions in 42 counties. ESN Latvia acts as a link between ESN AISBL and the 3 Latvian sections.
The Goals of ESN Latvia:
- Enhance the academic and social integration of the international students and the Latvian student re-integration after their return from exchange studies;
- The advocacy of the interests of the international students and students who have been involved in exchange programmes in Latvia;
- To create the environment of the understanding of different cultures within different nationalities by using informal education methods;
- Promote the study and traineeship mobility as part of the study process in Latvia;
- The internationalisation of Latvian Higher Education and make the Latvian Higher Education more popular and accessible for international students;
- Support and promote the development and cooperation of the member sections of ESN Latvia.
At the moment ESN Latvia unites 3 sections working in 3 Higher Education Institutions all across Latvia. The Members of ESN Latvia are:
- ESN Riga (University of Latvia | since 2003)
- ESN Jelgava (Latvia University of Agriculture | Since 2014)
- ESN Valmiera (Vidzeme University of Applied Sciences | Since 2015)